At CCCP, we believe that children at this age learn best through play. Some of the most important life skills can be learned this way…Making friends, communicating, time-management, sitting at circle time, and loving to learn.
I assure you – your family is in a loving, welcoming, and safe community.
The most important detail to remember is every child and family is different, some will cry (mine did), some won’t sit still (mine wouldn't), and some know the drill. Every child and family comes to CCCP with different experiences, and that’s okay. Our kids are here to learn - transition times, sitting still at circle time, following directions, keeping their hands to themselves, and how to make friends, in addition to the age appropriate academic’s. Parents – you will learn many wonderful things about your child during this time as well.
Your child is now an official“Preschooler” – How do you prepare them?
- Talk to your child about all the awesomeness that is to come, and what to expect! Making friends, playing games, art projects, stories and so-so much more!
- Start your school routine now
If you have concerns. Here are some websites I found that are helpful from Baby Center and Parents.com, also Google - Preparing for Preschool for more ideas.
- BabyCenter.com: How to prepare your child for preschool.
- Parents.com: Prepare your child for preschool.
- Read to your child: The Library has some amazing books about starting preschool! My favorite I checked out at Lake Stevens Library is:
Esme Raji is a teacher, librarian, and author of many award winning books for children.